Talk:South Wales Mountaineering Club - Guidebook Wiki
mediawiki 1.16.0 and Vector Skin
This version of MW contains a nice new skin called Vector. It's the same as that on Wikipedia. I think we should all switch to it if we like it and it suits our purposes. All using the same skin will make layout a little less complicated. I will make the skin the default skin if I hear nothing.
You can change your current skin to the Vector skin by going into your preferences and checking the Vector skin under the 'appearance' tab.
--Tim Hoddy 11:20, 28 July 2010 (BST)
Looks nice so far. --Alan rosier 16:53, 28 July 2010 (BST)
Front Page Layout
Just a slightly different layout which may help the search engines. Note the purposes are clearer to search engine bots; i.e. bold and larger fonts. Content under the two sub-headings, Bouldering... and Rock Climbing... would need to be added... --Tim Hoddy 14:07, 30 July 2009 (UTCI
I'll have to admit I love the news box. Now with some sort of header like the one I made for Craig-Y-Llyn this page would be much improved! Anyone got a suitable landscape picture to use? Great stuff Tim --Del 19:30, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Yeah - lets do it! Nice one Tim--126.96.36.199 21:28, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- I like it better too... We should be able to use the News Box to supply a RSS feed... but in the meantime, perhaps we should just shove it up front. --Tim Hoddy 20:54, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
I think I've just fixed a problem I have had getting the RSS extensions to work. After configuring them the wiki produced errors. After installing the No Title extension, I had the same. Disabled some rarely used extensions and hey presto it works and so do the RSS ones!! --Tim Hoddy 23:41, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- Apart from the addition of some suitable text, this page still has many opportunities for improvement; in particular layout still needs improving. This would be best done with CSS and NOT tables.
- What about a the picture being incorporated into the news box? The latest bit of news comes with its own picture (and, if possible, a link to its own page) ?
- The News box has its own RSS feed.
- Anyone any more ideas? --Tim Hoddy 09:39, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
That is a really nice page Tim. Do you want me to say something about bouldering? Chris
- Placed my email address in the mailto: link. No particular reason why it should be mine, I'm just unwilling to add anyone elses without their permission. --Tim Hoddy 11:11, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Put the craginfo@ address in the mailto: link instead. --Tim Hoddy 09:25, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- Would some kind soul please complete the Rock Climbing in S. Wales and the Bouldering in S. Wales sections and I'll move this page to the front. Thanks. --Tim Hoddy 09:25, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
No probs - just had a go. You should have given me a word limit. I can't get it smaller than that! Feel free to edit more. --Del 10:51, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- That's great! Thanks! I've taken the liberty of adding some links, etc.... --Tim Hoddy 13:22, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
And I have made some tweaks too, Cheers.--Alan rosier 18:56, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
Nice one Alan. I was intending to do the adjective thing at some point too. "Dinorwig with trees!" <---- that's awesome! --Del 21:30, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
- Ugh! Don't like the wide news box! --Tim Hoddy 18:20, 18 October 2010 (BST)
- Ermmm... there is one isn't there? --Tim Hoddy 20:59, 7 November 2010 (GMT)
- Ah! I see what you mean now! --Tim Hoddy 21:00, 7 November 2010 (GMT)
- Edit Test --Tim Hoddy 15:58, 21 April 2011 (BST)
- Edit Test --Tim Hoddy 16:01, 21 April 2011 (BST)
I liked the quote "think Dinorwig with trees!" bit. Did you think it undersold/misrepresented the area? --Del 14:00, 2 August 2012 (BST)