Lletty Llwyd is on the left, Ty Gwyn Hut on the right.
Lletty Llwyd, Gallt-y-Foel, Deiniolen, LL55 3EG. OS grid reference SH581625. (Map)
Continue along the main road through Deiniolen and pass “The Bull” on your right. The road then does a broad sweep to the right past a church on the left. Continue up the hill and pass houses on the left for about 500m until level with a small private car park on the left. Please do not use this car park. Park just a bit further up the hill adjacent to the stone wall. Access is through a metal gate opposite and next to a grey wheelie bin. The Barn is reached after about 150m down the rough track. As you reach the next metal gate, the building on the right is the Barn. The following link is a photo taken from the road of the gate from which leads the track down to the hut. Note the large white gas tank and Deiniolen in the distance. The white building in the centre of the picture is the Lincoln MC Hut. The SWMC hut is situated just out of sight but nearer the road. In fact, you can just make out part of the SWMC Hut to the left of the gatepost.
For fees and how to book the hut please see Hut Booking.
Sleeping accommodation consists of communal alpine style bunks on two levels. The bedroom normally used by visiting groups is the large room which is restricted to a maximum of 12. The other bedroom is usually reserved for SWMC members and accommodates 6. (See below for further conditions for group bookings). Also comprises: a drying room, central heating, hot water, a shower, two washrooms with wash basins and separate internal toilets. The kitchen has a fridge, gas stoves, microwave, sinks, electric kettle, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
- Everyone in any party will sign the visitors log on arrival.
- Parties are reminded that part of the condition of use is to leave the inside of the building in a clean state. This includes sweeping all floors in the building including the drying room and the stairs. Rubbish should be placed in a black bag and left in the grey wheelie bin which is located where the track joins the road.
- Please close and lock all gates.
- The maximum number in the party normally not to exceed 12 (Groups up to 28 can be accommodated by booking Lletty Llwyd and the adjacent Lincoln MC hut).
- on members may use the ‘members’ room only by special arrangement.
- Bookings will only be accepted on the basis of a fixed number in a party for a fixed period. If people from the party leave the building for any number of nights within the booked period there will not be a fee reduction. The number in the party and the number of nights will be agreed in writing with a £20.00 key deposit paid before a key is issued.
- Persons in the party wishing to become members of the club must do so prior to the booked period. This can be done by contacting either of the club’s membership secretaries.